Raspberry Pi OS works, is supported. Why select and use GhostBSD-Arm64?

Raspberry Pi OS works, is supported.  Why select and use GhostBSD-Arm64? 






Why would you choose to port FreeBSD (GhostBSD-Arm64) to the Raspberry Pi 4B?  Well I had experience installing & running PCBSD on a x86 laptop in June 2014.  Then I  went back to work and the next time I had time to install PCBSD was October, November 2016, yet there was no PCBSD available then.  Looking around I found https://GhostBSD.org/download and installed GhostBSD.  Networkmgr python app was not working for me.  So I studied about setting up wifi manual using google searches.  I will share forum posts related to that wifi learning experience.

https://forums.ghostbsd.org/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=-1&p=162  Letter Note I wrote about my noob experience with GhostBSD in December 2016.

Sorry, but when you are new, you don't have a procedure to follow or know the command names from the very beginning of your journey to knowledge.  Yet, after you have setup a network 4 or 5 times manually, then you establish your own self taught procedures, using certain command names that you now know from practice using.  You probably have knowledge of the relationship of commands to a task you can accomplish.
HowTo setup Wifi Edimax EW-7811utn USB Dongle for GhostBSD 10.3 & 11.0
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=526
HowTo setup  PCI RTL8188ce  pci wifi device in a laptop.  viewtopic.php?f=64&t=570



Here is a great description of freebsd versus linux.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FreeBSD 14.0 Compiling kernel for Raspberry Pi 4B

HDMI Audio sound patches into GhostBSD source code /usr/ghost14/ghostbsd-src SOLVED Jan20 2024

How to install GhostBSD-Arm64 into a USB Flash Drive stick April 24, 2024 update edition.